Tuesday, August 24th
Trois Pistoles to Amqui
158km
It was freezing cold when I woke up this morning. So cold that I had visions of me cycling today in every piece of warm clothing I could muster. But common sence prevailed, and I wore only a few warm things which could fold up small and fit in my bike bag once the temperature rose.
It was an easy route today...route 132 all the way. It was not an easy day though...we are passing through the Appalachian mountains and there were several tough climbs.
Aside from the temperature, the weather was very cooperative again today. The wind was not too strong, and was mostly at our backs. The sun was out and shining brightly. The brilliant sun and crisp air were sure signs that fall was approaching. What happened to hot August weather this year???
I don't think I've spoken at all about the churches of Quebec. Every tiny little, middle-of-nowhere, one stopsign and no gas station town in Quebec has a massive church. In Saskatchewan, the tall grain silos denoted a town. In Quebec, it is the churches.
Today's ride was, yet again, fantastically scenic. As per usual, scenic coincided with hilly, but it was worth it. The tree-covered hills, wandering roads and bright blue cloud filled skies combined for many a panorama. I really think that the sky must be bigger in Quebec. I've taken a dozen or so (digital) photos of the clouds in the bright blue sky, but none of them come close to capturing it.
-----------------------------------------------
Daniel Longo
CIBC Corporate Development
(416) 956-3831
Thursday, August 26, 2004
Day 62
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment