Thursday, August 12th
Alliston to Darlington
130km
I have a confession to make. I havn't written this log for the last 3 days, and I can't really remember many details about the days. For this, I appologise. What I can remember is...
After a “rest” day in Niagara, my legs were pretty stiff getting back on thw bike.
Being so close to home, I started to recognise a lot of the streets that we rode on. Today's cue sheet included: Bathurst, Yonge, Leslie, and Bloor...although we were never very close to downtown Toronto.
We were, luckily, very close to Rosalyn's house, and at about the 50km mark, Rosalyn's sister and her sister's fiance set up a little refreshment stand. They had cold lemonaid and warm Chelsea buns, which Rosalyn's mom had baked from scratch that morning. Mmmmm...
We had a pretty lazy ride all in all. The first 75km or so were with Paul, so were kept a brisk paceline. But eventually Rick (who had been cooking breakfast) caught up with the group, and Paul sped off with him. After that, we took our time and stopped at several coffee shops along the way.
We stayed in Darlington provincial park, which is on Lake Ontario, just east of the GM head office in Oshawa.
Because of our slow riding and frequent stops, Rosalyn and I didn't get into camp until almost 4pm. This was bad, because my team was cooking that night, and we usually start cooking around that time. Luckily, the truck had been slowed by the Toronto traffic, and arrived only slightly before we did. Thus, I had plenty of time to set up my tent and shower before the cooking began.
We made hamburgers tonight, and had cut up veggies and tortilla chips with dip on the side. The food seemed to go over well, although the avacados weren't ripe enough to use in the dip, and there was only enough ground beef for two tiny burgers each. (We figured that two small burgers were more filling that one large one.)
-----------------------------------------------
Daniel Longo
CIBC Corporate Development
(416) 956-3831
Sunday, August 15, 2004
Day 50
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment