Tuesday, August 3rd
Rest day in Wawa
0km
Pretty low key day. Did my laundry in the morning, and shot a basketball around with a couple of other guys. (”Air Longo” was actually derogatory in this case.)
We took a cab into Wawa, had lunch, and looked around some of the local shops. There's really not much in Wawa. The giant goose statue can only entertain you for so long.
After lunch, I came back to camp and worked on my bike a bit. To be more accurate, I watched Rick work on my bike a bit. Rick has become the on-site mechanic for our group. He'll fix anything on your bike for a beer...which we can buy for two bucks on the support truck. Today, Rick put on my new chain and some new handlebar tape. The new chain was a proactive step while the handlebar tape needed replacing since my little crash back at the beginning of the trip. The new tape looks a bit silly - black and yellow “spash” pattern vs. The plain black of my old tape. However, it offers much more cushioning for my hands than the black electrical tape, which is really all I was left to ride on since the crash.
Rick has also converted me to White Lightening chain lube, from my old Pedros stuff. I need to apply the white lightening before every ride, vs. once a week or less with my old stuff. However, I never need to chean or degrease my chain, and my whole drivetrain will be much cleaner. Ultimately, Rick is a lot faster rider than me right now...so I need to do something to level the playing field.
We made some tuna sandwiches for dinner, and then Rosalyn and I took a canoe out on the Magpie river for a short ride. Lots of mosquitos and no moose - the opposite of what we were hoping for.
-----------------------------------------------
Daniel Longo
CIBC Corporate Development
(416) 956-3831
Thursday, August 05, 2004
Day 41
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment