Wednesday, June 30
Spences Bridge to Merritt
78km
Last night I slept really well. Total physical exhaustion will do that to you. I wasn't even bothered by the rushing river beside our campsite...or the trucks roaring by every 5 minutes...or the the CN trains screeching past on our left...or the CP trains chugging by on our right. Thanks to 4 years of residence life, I slept perfectly. I didn't even hear my alarm in the morning, and slept in until 6:30am.
Today's ride was billed as a quiet country road with one hill about the half way point. 3 or 4 steep climbs later, we figured that Bud (the tour organizer) meant one long hill from start to finish.
I rode with Paul again today. We left later than most, due to my late wake-up, but caught most of the grgroup on the first climb. We rode the rest of the way with Rick (from PEI). I forgot to stretch before the ride, and my lower back was really aching for most of the trip. Paul and Rick were nice and waited for me at the tops of the bigger hills.
15km from Merritt, someone had set up a nice lemonade stand just for us. I thought it was a mirage. In the middle of no where was a pretty house with a lush green lawn, bright white lawn chairs in the shade, and a cooler full of 25 cent garorade.
We arrived in Merrit around noon, and immediately dropped the bike off at Bonzai Cycle. They put a new rear wheel on the bike for 80 bucks. The fixed up the brakes and gears as well.
I did laundry for the first time tonight, and washed my bike as well.
-----------------------------------------------
Daniel Longo
CIBC Corporate Development
(416) 956-3831
Thursday, July 01, 2004
Day 7
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Dan,
Have fun and be safe!
Stacey M.
Hey Dan,
It sounds awesome so far! Any chance you can post some pictures?
Take care.
Linda
Post a Comment