Monday, July 19th
Neudorf (Saskatchewan) to Binscarth (Manitoba)
175km
A very long, fairly hot day. I regretted not getting more rest on our day off in Regina. I'm felt a bit tired today. The heat and saddle sores that are developing didn't help matters.
We did get a break from the “same-old, same-old” praries today. We rode through the Qu'Appelle River Valley, which was very scenic. The river was the first we'd seen in days, and the valley walls were covered in lumpy, monds of green grass.
Because of the heat, we ended up filling our water bottles at a house, just across the Manitoba border.
The real kicker for the day was the long, steep climb out of the Assiniboine River Valley, just before Binscarth. The lst thing I needed after 165km was a big hill.
Today's campsite had a big pool, and we all enjoyed a refreshing swim.
-----------------------------------------------
Daniel Longo
CIBC Corporate Development
(416) 956-3831
Tuesday, July 20, 2004
Day 26
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment