Monday, July 26th
Caliper Lake to Taylor's Cove
130km
Woke up around 5:30am today, so that we could get out before the heat and have some time to relax once we got to camp. I was really tired though, and I'm not sure it was worth losing 30 minutes of sleep.
Today's ride was very pleasant. Nice weather, slightly favourable winds, and rolling hills to keep things interesting.
Back in drumheller, Johnny's mom came to visit him in camp. We all got a kick out of meeting her. Today, we stopped after 60km in the town of Emo, and Arnie's mom was waiting for him in a local resteraunt. This was even more entertaining: Johnny is 16...Arnie is 63!!! I think his mom gave him a big hug and asked if he was eating enough.
After Emo, we rode to Fort Frances. Some people crossed the border into Minnesota. I didn't bother.
There were some long bridges, across Rainy Lake, coming out of Fort Frances that were very scenic. I tried to convincer people to go skinny dipping, since it was so hot, but there were no takers.
We also crossed through the town of Cuchiching. (David, this isn't THE Cuchiching...is it?)
Today's campsite also had a great lake for swimming. Lots of mosquitos though...I got eaten alive.
-----------------------------------------------
Daniel Longo
CIBC Corporate Development
(416) 956-3831
Wednesday, July 28, 2004
Day 33
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ah yes, the infamous mosquitos. We know you're not so good with them....
L
Post a Comment