Sunday, September 5th
Flight home to Toronto
0km
I'm sitting on the airplane now, flying back to Toronto and the life I left behind for 11 weeks this summer.
This morning, I finished packing up all of my stuff and had a good bye brunch with the rest of the group.
We had a momment of silence for Collin, and a few people said words of thanks to the trip organisers, the driver, and Rick...the bike doctor. Ryan read a funny poem that he had written about the trip, which god a lot of laughs.
And then I said my goodbyes, piled everything into a taxi, and headed for the airport.
Can't wait to see everyone when I get back. Hopefully, some of the photos came out well.
I would whole heartedly recomend this trip to anyone who is interested. With 16 year old boys to 68 year old women, we had a truly diverse group this summer. Some people had riden for years and put thousands of kilometers on their bikes before the trip. Many were complete cycling rookies who signed up for the trip without even owning a bike and did only 2 months of light training in the spring. A desire for adventure and a lot of determination were the only real common elements.
What a great summer! I wonder where my next adventure will take me...
-----------------------------------------------
Daniel Longo
CIBC Corporate Development
(416) 956-3831
Sunday, September 05, 2004
Epilogue
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment