Friday, September 3rd
Ferry ride from North Sydney (NS) to Argentia (NF)
0km
Since we rode from the campsite (in Little Bras d'Or) into North Sydney last night, we just had a short ride to the ferry terminal this morning.
We enjoyed a long sleep-in in our hotel rooms, and had breakfast in the hotel as well.
With check-out time at 11am, we had 2.5 hours to kill before meeting at the ferry. We went to a local mall, ate at a Tim Horton's, and sat around the ferry terminal for most of this time.
At 1:30pm, we loaded our bikes on top of the support truck and trailer, and took a shuttle onto the boat.
I had never been on such a large, ocean going vessel before, and I had never slept on a boat either. I had been looking forward to the trip for a while, but it was really nothing too exciting.
There wern't many people onboard, so there were lots of seats around. Our group pretty much stayed in a large TV lounge, watching TV and movies on a couple of big screens. Some people went down to the pub where there was live traditional Newfoundland music, but I didn't bother.
For dinner, we ate sandwiches that we made ourselves, and at night we slept in a large “sumbarine style” quarters. They called it “dormatory style” accomodation (as opposed to a private cabin), but I have never seen a dormatory room with 25 tiny little bunk beds in it. Luckily, it was a calm trip and I was able to get some sleep.
-----------------------------------------------
Daniel Longo
CIBC Corporate Development
(416) 956-3831
Saturday, September 04, 2004
Day 72
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment